- 1 / 6
Manal Rachdi founded OXO Architectes to develop architectural systems transforming the research, behavior analysis and theoretical thought into conceptual driving forces.
Through his career, he collaborated with well-known architects such as: Duncan Lewis (2003-2005), the Agence Du Besset-Lyon, to finally joining the Ateliers Jean Nouvel in 20017. During that period, he participated and led the competitions for: the Seoul Opera, the Philarmonie of Paris in 2008. That same year he also led the project 53W53 competition for the mix used program tower for the MOMA in New York. Until 2009, he supervised all AJN American projects, moment when he finally decided to come back in France and develop his own work.
Thanks to several awarded projects, Manal Rachdi built an international reputation as the cornerstone of the new generation of architects who mix strategic analysis, witty experimentation, social responsibility and humor to his practice. His avant-grade projects pay attention to resource’s use and responsible cost.
To create a new programmatic formula, OXO mixes housing, entertainment, working space and retail. Hence the realization of new urban culture based on program’s harmony.
OXO’s architectural production shows daring and extreme sensitivity for the context and the client.
May project are in progress now such as:
• Housing tower “Arbre Blanc” at Montpellier with Sou Fujimoto and NLA Paris of 11.000sqm. The project was delivered in 2019.
• Common university “Polytechnique” at Saclay with Sou Fujimoto and NLA Paris of 10.000sqm
• Two buildings of 250 housings at Nanterre of 20.400sqm
• Mille Arbres – Winning project for “Réinventer Paris” competition with Sou Fujimoto of 55.000sqm
• Ecotone - Winning project for “Inventons la Métropole” competition with Duncan Lewis-Scape Architecture + Parc Architecture + Tryptique Architecture of 82.000sqm
• Balcon sur Paris – Winning project for ‘Inventons la Métropole” at Villiers with Kengo Kuma & Associates + XTU Architects + Stefano Boeri Architetti + Michael Green Architecture + KOZ Architectes of 27.000sqm divided into two buildings